Friday, October 8, 2010

PaPa's Day @ El Cerdo

My daddy is a big fan of PORK!! Bak kut teh, stewed pork knuckle, char siew, siew yuk~~~Oh boy, all these will definitely cheer him up despite the fact it's not that advisable for his health [--]" Hence in conjunction with Papa's Day, we decided to spoil him a little with some serious PORK gastronomic affair!! My sister suggested the El Cerdo Restaurant@ Changkat Bt Bintang. Eventhough I have heard of it before, I have this habit of doing some background check before patronizing a place whenever I have the times. I find the restaurant's website is cute with the pig's oink sound in the background^^

The Nose to Tail Eating tagline surely caught my attention













The smoking area at the entrance.....

























































































Complimentary starters~~
















...that comes with soup~~





















We started with Spanish Ham Platter as an appetizer. It's an assortment of Jamon Serrano & Jamon Iberico with a variety of chorizo sausages and condiments.















Paella...Valencian rice dish which tasted great!!















The glutton cam-whore~~





















El Cerdo Sausage Platter....A variety of home-made sausages.....
















The grand arrival of the piglet which is a MUST-EAT @ El Cerdo~~ Interestingly, the piglet has to be cut by a plate in order to prove its crispiness I supposed.....





















Then, we proceeded with the plate-breaking tradition that apparently brings Good Luck^^ Of course,a wooden bucket is prepared for us to do the smashing.....I wondered how many plates they have to order every month to accommodate this.....That evening itself already saw countless plates smashed.....Nevertheless, we had great fun & laughter over it^^




















Piglet~~I din't try much of this as I'm not that fond of suckling pig~~
















A great happy family dinner^^ My family always made it a point to celebrate Daddy's & Mummy's Day & Birthdays~~~

















My SUPER-adorable nephew^-^













Andreas Special "A Dream in Chocolate"....Vanilla ice cream, milk-chocolate mousse, chocolate crumble, bananas in passion fruit & pear in red wine~~~





















Werner's Special...Fresh strawberry in mango sauce with chocolate mousse & wild raspberry sherbet~~~



































I know it's only a blink of eyes and next thing we know, we are celebrating next year Papa's Day again but it's always touching to look back to our previous celebration photos and see how much each of us changed over the years with new members joining the family^^Truly wishes that we have many more of this kind of celebration down the road~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment